Boiler Replacement Grant
Does Your Home Qualify for a FREE Boiler Upgrade through New ECO4 Government Grant?
You could be eligible for a free boiler upgrade. If the following statements are true, you need to apply for the grant to benefit:
- You own your home
- You have an old gas central heating boiler
- Your boiler has not been replaced since around 2005 or earlier
- You, or someone living at your property receives either standard child benefit, OR one of the benefits listed below
Unless you know someone that has already had a new boiler through a grant, you will probably be sceptical at first and have some questions you need answered to be reassured that this is all above board. Most of the frequently asked questions are answered below. If you still have any questions, please get in touch!
What is the ECO4 government grant and who is it for?
“ECO4 will be a four-year scheme and is intended to run from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2026.
The main objective of ECO4 is to improve the least energy efficient housing stock.” www.Ofgem.co.uk
This is thousands of pounds worth of home improvement, completely for free? This seems too good to be true. Are there any hidden charges? Will I ever have to make a payment, or contribute towards this cost in any way, shape or form?
There is NO CONTRIBUTION OR TOP UP REQUIRED for a boiler upgrade under the ECO4 grant.
You will never be asked for your bank details. You will not need to be credit checked. You will never be expected to make a payment towards this work or have to pay a penny back.
I’m not in receipt of any benefits, can I still get the grant?
- Yes. You may qualify if your income is less than £31,000 gross – If this is the case, apply and we can check to see if the scheme is available in your area.
- Most people don’t realise that if you have children and claim the regular child benefit, (that most people with children get) you will probably meet the criteria. If you don’t have children, perhaps someone in the house does.
- If not, as long as there is just one person that lives at the property, that receives one of the qualifying benefits mentioned below, the household will qualify for the grant. This could be an elderly parent or relative claiming pension credit, or a child over the age of 18, claiming job seekers allowance, universal credit, or any of the many benefits mentioned on the next page, that so many people get in this current climate.
What are the qualifying criteria for the household?
If you are a home owner and anybody that lives in your house receives any one of the following benefits, you qualify for the grant:
What’s involved in a boiler upgrade? How long will it take, and how much disruption will it cause?
A boiler install is more straight forward than you may think. The engineers arrive around 9am, prepare their work space with dust sheets to protect your floors/carpets and get straight to work.
The system is drained. The old boiler is removed and taken away. The brand-new boiler is installed.
The system will be treated with a chemical flush and filled with inhibitor solution to protect your existing radiators and pipework. The engineer cleans up and shows you how your new boiler and smart controls work. They will usually be finished by 4pm.
As this is being carried out for FREE, through a government grant, can I really expect first class products and an excellent service?
Absolutely! All our boilers are A rated. These are the same engineers that attend, in the same vans, fitting the same boilers and taking the same amount of care to deliver a first class finish to paying customers if they don’t qualify for the grant. Paying customers will require an investment of between £2,500-£3,000 for the same job. If you qualify for the grant, it won’t cost you a penny!
What type of boiler will be installed?
All our boilers installed are A rated. The available options at the time of installation may vary depending on supply issues and availability etc. We usually fit brands such as Ideal, Worcester and Vaillant. There may be an option to choose a different boiler if they’re in stock. There may be an additional charge should you wish to change the boiler.
How do I claim my grant and start saving money on my energy bills?
Apply for your brand-new free boiler here on the form provided, or call the office now and speak to one of our friendly and helpful team on 0121 405 0097.