Insulation grants are available for tenants, homeowners, and landlords.
Helping to improve the comfort of your home whilst reducing the cost of energy use.
Available insulation measures include:
- Cavity Wall Insulation – Cavity Wall Insulation stores the heat within the inner walls, bouncing it back into the room and holding it for longer. This gives you a more even temperature and gets rid of the draughts that come down from the walls. The cavity is located between the inner and outer brickwork of the property
- Loft Insulation – Loft insulation not only significantly increases heat retention in your home, but also cuts your annual energy costs. Up to a quarter of heat generated is lost in homes through the loft space.
- Under Floor Insulation (UFI) for suspended floors – Many older houses with suspended timber floors in the UK have big draughts and inadequate floor insulation; this can cause cold feet as well as higher energy bills. Installing underfloor insulation can address both these problems
- Room in roof (RIR) – Room In Roof Insulation is where insulation boarding is installed in between the rafters underneath the existing plasterboard walls to help keep the heat inside. The rigid foam insulation boards are generally made from polystyrene or polyurethane.
- Internal Wall Insulation (IWI) – Internal wall insulation is insulation of the internal surface of external (heat losing) walls, so it is an alternative to external wall insulation.